The Government May Need Your Land for the Runway 230kV Transmission Line Project
If you own land in the West Valley region of the Phoenix metropolitan area, you may have heard about the Runway 230kV Transmission Line Project. This is a project by Arizona Public Service (APS) to build a new double circuit 230 kilovolt (230kV) power line to serve two data centers in Goodyear and Avondale.
The project involves building a new power line from the existing power line along the Agua Fria River, to the planned Diamond Substation, which will serve the new STACK Infrastructure data center in Avondale. From Diamond Substation, the 230kV line will continue west to connect into the Runway Substation, which serves the Microsoft data center in Goodyear.
APS claims that this project is necessary to enhance reliability and help ensure that an adequate supply of electric power is available to their customers. However, this project may also affect your property rights and interests if you own land in the project zone that will be taken through eminent domain.
What to Do if Your Land is Needed for the Runway 230kV Transmission Line
Eminent domain is the power of the government or a public utility to take private property for public use, such as roads, schools, or power lines. The property owner is entitled to receive just compensation for the property taken. However, determining what constitutes just compensation and public use can be complex and contentious.
If you are facing eminent domain for the Runway 230kV Transmission Line Project, you may want to consult with an eminent domain attorney who can help you protect your rights and interests. An eminent domain attorney can help you:
- Understand your legal options and rights as a property owner
- Negotiate with APS or their representatives for a fair and reasonable settlement
- Challenge the necessity, public use, or valuation of the property taken
- Represent you in court or administrative proceedings if necessary
- Seek additional compensation for damages, such as loss of business, relocation costs, or severance damages
An eminent domain attorney can also help you evaluate the impact of the project on your property value, use, and enjoyment. For example, you may have concerns about:
- The height, appearance, and noise of the power line structures
- The safety and health risks of living near high-voltage power lines
- The environmental and cultural impacts of the project on your land and community
- The potential interference with your existing or future plans for your property
JacksonWhite Can Help Protect Your Interests
The Runway 230kV Transmission Line Project is a major infrastructure project that may affect your property rights and interests if you own land in the project zone that will be taken through eminent domain.
If you are facing eminent domain for this project, the experienced team at JacksonWhite can help you protect your rights and interests. An eminent domain attorney can help you understand your legal options, negotiate with APS, challenge the taking or valuation of your property, represent you in court or administrative proceedings, and seek additional compensation for damages.
Call us today at (480)467-4334 to schedule a consultation!