Tempe’s Most Trusted Small Business Lawyer
Having a great idea for a business is just the first step. Entrepreneurs must also have a solid understanding of how to start and operate a small business in Arizona. At JacksonWhite Attorneys at Law, our Tempe small business attorneys have extensive experience helping small businesses throughout Arizona navigate and mitigate a variety of legal issues.
From financial troubles to legal complications, small business owners face it all. To prepare for such occurrences, it’s important to have an experienced Tempe small business attorney looking out for your best interests.
Small Business Legal Services for Tempe Businesses
Read below and learn about the small business services we offer.
Starting a Small Business in Tempe
When starting a small business in Tempe, having a dedicated Arizona business attorney can make all the difference in your enterprise’s outcome. Arizona is home to over 611,000 small businesses that account for approximately 99.4 percent of all Arizona businesses. To stay competitive and minimize their risks, many small businesses across the state rely on legal guidance from experienced attorneys.
At JacksonWhite, we offer comprehensive legal services for Tempe small businesses, including assistance with:
- Business contract reviews and negotiations
- Business contract disputes
- Legal issues
- Partnership disputes
- Review of purchase and sale agreements
- Corporation formation and registration
- Advice on state and federal law compliance
Operating a Small Business in Tempe
The expertise that a Tempe small business attorney can bring to the table is invaluable. Regardless of size, small businesses will inevitably face legal challenges that require the guidance of a legal professional.
With help from a JacksonWhite small business attorney, small businesses in Tempe can:
- Reduce their business risks
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal laws
- Minimize liability in the event of a legal claim or lawsuit
- Establish formal legal agreements that govern business relationships
- Ensure that the appropriate taxes are paid
Business Entity Creation in Tempe
One of the biggest decisions that Tempe small businesses must face when starting a new business deal with legal structure. The business entity chosen will impact many other areas of business, such as how much in taxes are paid.
In Arizona, the most common types of business structures include:
- Sole proprietorship – This is an unincorporated business owned by a single person who reports their business profits on their individual tax return.
- Partnership – This is also an unincorporated business but one that is owned by multiple people and profits are divided among the owners.
- Limited liability company – Otherwise known as an LLC, a limited liability company is a combination business structure that limits the personal liability of the business’s owners.
- Corporation – There are two main types of corporations: S corporations and C corporations.
Speak with a Tempe Small Business Attorney Today
At JacksonWhite Attorneys at Law, experienced Tempe small business attorney Dave Weed provides effective counsel in many areas, including real estate, employment, business matters, and taxes. To learn more about how we can assist you with your small business, contact JacksonWhite today at (480) 464-1111.