Browsing Category


Tips for Marrying a Foreigner on a Tourist Visa

Marrying a foreigner who is in the United States on a tourist visa is perfectly acceptable when the marriage is spontaneous (meaning it wasn’t planned before the foreigner applied for their visa). Most immigration attorneys would still recommend that the ...
Read More

What is the Difference Between the B1 and B2 Visas?

B-Category visas are a type of visitor visa (temporary, non-immigrant) issued for business and tourist travel to the United States. Generally speaking, a B1 visa is for business-related projects, while a B2 visa is for tourism and pleasure-travel. The government ...
Read More

What is the U Visa Green Card Processing Time?

Victims of qualifying crimes who actively cooperate with law enforcement and government officials in the investigation and prosecution of criminal activity may spend up to four years in the United States with a U visa. After three years of continuous ...
Read More

What is the Standard I-539 Processing Time?

Individuals with nonimmigrant status can use Form I-539 to petition for an extension of stay or change to another nonimmigrant status. In some situations, you can use Form I-539 to apply for initial nonimmigrant status.  The processing time for Form ...
Read More

How Long Does USCIS Take to Respond to RFE?

When the USCIS adjudicator who is reviewing your case needs additional information to complete your application, the adjudicator will mail you a Request for Evidence (RFE). The RFE should indicate an expected timeframe for your response, typically within 30 – ...
Read More

Is It Safe to Travel with Advance Parole?

If you have a pending application for a marriage-based Green Card or Adjustment of Status Green Card, you may travel outside of the United States with a travel document known as advance parole. Advance parole acts like a US visa, ...
Read More