About Anthony Misseldine
Anthony H. Misseldine joined the firm in 2011 and is a shareholder for Jackson White. He focuses his practice on eminent domain, inverse condemnation, commercial real estate valuation, land use litigation and complex commercial lawsuits.
- Represented a property owner and secured lender in condemnation actions filed by the City of Santa Clarita, California, for the construction of a six-lane regional highway. The City's initial offer was $558,100 in compensation. The trial resulted in a jury verdict of $12.3 million. The Court also awarded attorneys' fees and costs in the amount of $7.0 million.
- Represented a property owner in a condemnation by the City of Phoenix. The City’s original offer to acquire a portion of the private property was approximately $74,000. The matter settled for compensation in excess of $3.8 million.
- Represented a property owner in a condemnation action involving ADOT, which restricted access to a highway after the improvements were constructed. ADOT had offered “zero” compensation for the loss of access. The case settled before trial for total compensation in excess of $500,000.
- Represented a commercial property owner in a condemnation that eliminated all parking in front. The building was being leased for a restaurant. The condemnation was a significant factor in the national restaurant tenant terminating the lease. Successfully negotiated compensation that was substantially in excess of the government’s initial offer.
- Represented an owner of a mini-storage facility in a condemnation to widen the public road. The taking reduced the length of the driveway, which resulted in a serious safety risk to large moving vans and trucks pulling into the facility – the vehicles blocked traffic until security gates could be opened. Successfully negotiated compensation to redesign the driveway, buildings and entrance, in addition to a high value for the land taken.
- Represented the owner of a veterinary clinic in a condemnation that eliminated most parking in front of the clinic, and precluded deliveries from large commercial vehicles. Successfully resolved claims for compensation in excess of the governments offer.
- Represented the owner of a residential parcel in a condemnation for a power substation. Negotiated the relocation of the substation to the back of the property to minimize visual and aesthetic impacts, in addition to compensation.
- Successfully represented the owner of a large tract of agricultural land in a condemnation to acquire a 300 easement foot for high-voltage towers and power lines. The property’s highest and best use was for future multi-use development. The owner received additional compensation for significant damages to the property remaining after the project was concluded.
on your side?
Level the playing field by
letting me represent you!
Don't get taken advantage of.
I don't get one dollar until you are compensated.