A trade secret is a formula, practice, process, design, instrument, pattern, or compilation of information which is not generally known or reasonably ascertainable, by which a business can obtain an economic advantage over competitors or customers. A trade secret is defined by three factors – a trade secret is information that:
- is not generally known to the public;
- confers some sort of economic benefit on its holder (where this benefit must derive specifically from its not being generally known, not just from the value of the information itself);
- is the subject of reasonable efforts to maintain its secrecy.
Possible Trade Secrets
Business strategies and plans
Selective models of operations
Work flow processes or schedules
Raw materials and specifications
R & D strategies or plans
Manuals and designs
Formulae & know-how for producing products
Manufacturing or repair processes
Drawings, models, prototypes, blueprints & maps
Algorithms & programs themselves
Proprietary databases & instructional methods
Our Trade Secret Services
- Recommend and implement strategies to identify and safeguard trade secrets and proprietary information through internal policies, training practices and agreements.
- Conduct intellectual property audits and recommend plans and policies to identify, protect and maintain company trade secrets and proprietary information.
- Advise clients on how to evaluate and limit potential risks created when recruiting or hiring individuals or groups of employees.
- Represent clients responding to or accused of trade secret misappropriation, tortious interference with business relations and contracts, unfair competition, violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act and similar claims.
Protect Your Edge with JacksonWhite Law
If trade secrets give your business its competitive edge, consider discussing your needs with JacksonWhite’s intellectual property law team. Whether your trade secrets are software, technology, manufacturing, product design or something else, it’s important to secure trade secret protection of your business solutions.
Call JacksonWhite at (480) 464-1111 to discuss your Intellectual Property case today.
Schedule Your Consultation
Fill out the form below to get your consultation and discuss your best legal options.