Organizations and individuals that value their intellectual property as a valuable business asset turn to the JacksonWhite intellectual property law team.
What is a Patent?
A patent is a form of intellectual property granted by the government of the United States to an inventor “to exclude others from making, using, offering for sale, or selling the invention throughout the United States or importing the invention into the United States,” for a limited time in exchange for the public disclosure of the invention. Many individuals ask, “Do I need an attorney to obtain a patent?” The simple answer is yes! It takes a vast amount of knowledge and experience to effectively protect intellectual property rights.
The intellectual property law team can tackle a wide range of technologies and will work directly with engineers, scientists, and programmers in their particular area of expertise. He has years of experience in patent registration and can help you protect your ideas.
How Our Patent Attorneys Can Help You
- Prepare and prosecute utility and design patent applications across a wide range of technologies.
- Assist clients in the offensive and defensive use of patents.
- Perform patentability searches to assist clients on making an initial determination on patentable features.
- Perform infringement searches and prepare reports to highlight possible infringement.
- Prepare agreements related to inventions, patents or patent applications, including development, manufacturing, joint venture, or license agreements.
- Represent clients in federal district courts, the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and in interference or reexamination proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Our team of litigators will also enforce patent rights and defend against infringement claims.
- Represent clients in transactions involving the grant of security interests in inventions, patents and patent applications, or the assignment, purchase or sale of IP assets.
- Represent clients in offensive and defensive patent reexamination proceedings.
We understand the landscape of invention. The intellectual property law team at JacksonWhite has worked with a wide range of technology businesses, including those who have offered innovations in the fields of semiconductors, software, RF power amplifiers, telecommunications networks, wireless communications, broadband networks, routers, switches, computers, medical devices, manufacturing, and the pharmaceutical industry.
Protect Your Idea Today with JacksonWhite
Call JacksonWhite at (480) 464-1111 to discuss your Intellectual Property case today.
Schedule Your Consultation
Fill out the form below to get your consultation and discuss your best legal options.
Learn More About Patents
- Three Types of Patents Issued by the USPTO
- Pre-Patent Protection Explained
- Patent Cost Estimator
- Non-Disclosure Agreements for Patents
- Is it Necessary to Conduct a Patent Search?
- Trade Secrets vs. Patents: Which is Right for You?
- Ideas: Can They be Patented?