• (480) 626-2388


There are a number of reasons that an individual may wish to become a lawful permanent resident to the United States, but to do so they must obtain a visa. There are several different types of visas that are available to foreign citizens that all very depending on the situation, with some more likely to grant lawful permanent residence than others.

The best way to assure that you apply and get accepted to the best visa for your specific situation is to work with an immigration attorney. An immigration attorney will guarantee that you have all the information necessary to apply to the most relevant visa to your situation.

Need to speak with an experienced immigration attorney?

Get in touch with our Immigration Law Team today!
Contact Us Now

I wish I could give 10 stars! From the moment I called Jackson White's ALTCS team, I felt like everything was going to be taken care of. They were the calm in my storm, the island in the ocean. I hope they know the difference they made in at least one life. And, after all, that’s the best thing we can do.read more
denise aiken
Good customer service and answered all my questions. Resolved my situation.
Reggie Orabuena
Absolutely incredible Law Firm. Cannot thank them enough! Ashley, Jeremy and John truly care.
best vids
Working with Attorney Jared Everton was as easy and efficient. Living thousands of miles away made me nervous, but they were great and put my mind at ease.
Jessica Burr
Daniel M. is an exceptional employee. Keeps you informed, honest, to the point, and very helpful. It had been a pleasure working with him on my issue.
Faith Davidssyn
Jackson White provided excellent legal advice and representation. They were my first pick, and I’m glad I gave them the opportunity to support my and my business. I highly recommend this firm.
Christina Martinez
Absolutely hands down the best in the business! They are the real deal indeed. Very professional and courteous. I would recommend their services to anyone and everyone.
Jason Stebbins
Ashley was very friendly and polite and expert in her knowledge of Law and extremely helpful. She successfully reduced my speeding from Criminal to civil. I'm very grateful. Thank you!
Charles Norris
Tim is the best lawyer there his people skills are the best and he really knows his stuff!!
ML Walker


Family Visas

If you want to become a lawful permanent resident in the United States there are several different types of visas that are available for you to apply for, depending on your situation. If you have a relative who is a citizen of the United States or is a lawful permanent resident, this relative must sponsor you and prove they have enough income or assets to support you. Below is a list of all the major immigrant visa categories:

  • IR1 or CR1 Visa | Immigrant Visa for a Spouse of a U.S. Citizen
  • K-3 | Spouse of a U.S. Citizen awaiting approval of an I-130 immigrant petition
  • K-1 | Fiance to marry U.S. Citizen and live in the U.S.
  • IR3, IR4, IH3, IH4 | Intercountry Adoption of Orphan Children by U.S. Citizens
  • IR2, CR2, IR5, F1, F3, F4 | Certain Family Members of U.S. Citizens
  • F2A, F2B | Certain Family Members of Lawful Permanent Residents

Victims Visas

Besides family visas there is another very special category of visa, the victims visas. These visas are provided by U.S. immigration law allowing victims of crimes to stay in or even come to the United States and testify or assist in law enforcement efforts. If you believe that you have been the victim of a crime, one of the following visas may be available to you:

  • VAWA Visa | Violence Against Women Act visa is a self-petition for abused spouses, certain parents, and children of U.S. citizens and permanent residents
  • U Visa | Victims of serious crimes
  • T Visa | Victims of human trafficking
  • S Visa | Visa for an Informant

Determining which of these victims visas matches your situation the closest can be extremely difficult, not to mention traumatizing. It is highly recommended that you work with an immigration attorney to not only prove that you have been a victim of one of these crimes, but to ensure that you gain the proper visa. These visas provide a direct path to permanent U.S. residence (or a green card).

*note* There is a cap to the number of U Visas that are distributed each year. The limit is 10,000.

Receive Help Obtaining a Visa

Wether you are looking to apply for a family visa, or you are a victim looking to apply for a victims visa, we can help you. There are still other types of visas available too, but they depend on specific situations. The best way to find out if you are eligible for any of these visas or another visa not on these lists, is to contact an immigration attorney.

We have a passion for helping foreign citizens gain access to this great country, that was after all, founded by immigrants.


Call our Immigration team at (480) 626-2388 to discuss your case today.

Schedule Your Consultation

Fill out the form below to get your consultation and discuss your best legal options.