Guardianships & Conservatorships
Guardianship is authority granted by the court to make decisions for an incapacitated person regarding their health and medical care.
Why seek guardianship?
- Loved one in need of assisted living placement
- No power of attorney or failed power of attorney
- Inability to consent to inpatient treatment
Conservatorship is authority granted by the court to make decisions for an incapacitated person regarding their finances and assets.
Why seek conservatorship?
- Protect a vulnerable family member from exploitation
- Inability to pay $4,000+ per month for assisted living
- Bank refusal to recognize power of attorney