Business Solutions that Work for You
A team that understands the importance of a strong business plan and can take you every step of the way.
Our well-versed Arizona Business and Corporate Law attorneys are qualified to assist existing corporations, business owners, and those considering purchasing a business with all of their legal questions and concerns. Corporations and businesses are faced with a variety of overwhelming and confusing legalities. Our legal professionals can help you understand your legal rights and responsibilities so that your business or corporation can move forward with success.
Business and Corporate Law Services
Our attorneys can provide assistance with:
- Employment Issues including drafting employment contracts, non-disclosure agreements, non-compete agreements, and employee manuals
- Non-Profit Corporations: Filing for and maintaining a 501(c)(3) status
- Incorporating and Organizing Your Business or Corporation: Articles of Incorporation, Form SS-4, Arizona Joint Tax Applications, Organizing Board of Directors Meetings and Annual Shareholder Meetings, Issuing Stock, Financing Your Business, Obtaining Loans
- Buy-Sell Agreements: Redemption Agreements, Cross-Purchase Agreements, and Hybrid Agreements
- Selecting Your Business Entity: Sole Proprietorship, General Partnership, Joint Venture, Limited Partnership, S Corporation, C Corporation, Corporation, or Limited Liability Corporation
- Purchasing a Business through a stock purchase an asset purchase , exercising due diligence, drafting restrictive covenants against the seller, making consulting arrangements, and getting carry-back financing if needed
- Dissenter’s Rights: Minority shareholders have the right to dissent and receive fair market value for their shares in corporate transactions including certain mergers, stock purchases, amendments to the Articles of Incorporation, and triggering transactions.
- Business and Corporate Bankruptcy: Chapter 11 or Chapter 7
- Business Lease of Commercial Space and Ownership Issues: Draft specialized letters of intent and lease agreements
- Intellectual Property Issues and Business Ownership: Trademarks, Copyrights, and Patents
- Piercing the Corporate Veil: If a corporation fails to comply with certain formalities, courts may remove their limited liability protection and their shareholders can become personally liable for the debts and misdeeds of the corporation.
- Administrative Dissolution of a Corporation: The Arizona Corporation Commission has the authority to dissolve a corporation for failure to amend articles of organization of incorporation, failure to make publication, failure to appoint or maintain a statutory agent, failure to pay fines, or failure to file annual reports.
At JacksonWhite we understand that trust can be a big issue in business and corporate life. We strive to ensure that our clients can wholeheartedly trust us with to treat their business as we would treat our own.”
Dave Weed JacksonWhite Shareholder
The JacksonWhite Business and Corporate Law Team
Dave Weed is a thorough, collaborative business attorney that is dedicated to the service of his clients. Dave has been assisting companies for over 30 years and understands the complexities of this process and works hard to understand the needs and desires of each client. Dave’s caring and compassionate demeanor allow him to gain the trust of his clients and better assist them.
Jill Gatlin is a skilled paralegal that has been working with JacksonWhite for over a decade. Jill is committed to developing meaningful relationships with each client to ensure that she can best assist them with their needs. Jill has extensive experience with estate planning, wills & trusts, small businesses, and commercial litigation.
What our clients are saying
Dave has the experience of a seasoned veteran with high moral character and ethical standards. Dave is strategic, analytical, solution oriented and client focused. I will certainly work with him again.S.W.
Jackson White Law Firm should be very proud to have David Weed as part of their team. This was a very difficult time for me, but David and his team got me through it. I highly recommend David Weed.John
I had been dealing with some issues in setting up my personal business. Dave and Jill simplified the process and helped me make the best choice for my new business.K.P., Mesa
I needed help reviewing a business agreement asap and Dave was able to schedule an appointment immediately and gave his honest opinions on the issue at hand. Grateful for the expedient service I received.Terrence