In some instances, the parent filing for a modification may not know the actual income of the other parent.  If this is the case, the filing parent should indicate that the amount reported for the other parent has been estimated.  A parent has the right to request income verification from the other parent’s employer, to request their updated affidavit of financial information, copies of recent pay stubs, and tax returns.  In some instances it may require subpoenaing the other parent’s bank account information.

If you are in need of assistance, AZ family law attorney Tim Durkin and his dedicated team can help guide you through the child modification process. To schedule a consultation with Tim, (480) 467-4348