• (480) 467-4348

Enforcement of Divorce Decrees

Ex-spouses are bound by the written terms of a court-ordered divorce decree. When a party to a divorce fails to abide by the court’s orders, the other party may petition the court to enforce the decree. In many instances, it takes the courts involvement before an ex-spouse will honor a divorce decree.

Need an experienced attorney to represent you?

Get in touch with our Family Law Team today!
Contact Us Now

I have worked with Timothy Durkin in Family Law matters. He is amazing and helped change the life of my daughter in positive ways. He looks for a way to settle and if he can’t he is a bulldog in the courtroom and a pleasure to watch during cross examination! I highly recommend him.read more
Dr. Harvey Abrams, D.
With all the chips against me. Out of the blue was Tim Durkin attorney at law. If there's anybody that can help you. It is Tim Durkin. Guaranteed. I believe God works beside Tim throughout it all. Tim had all of the answers and everything fell into place. Everything was fair and he was decent, polite and well-mannered. Very professional in and out of the courtroom. He is impressive and he gets the job done well. Anyone that has the honor to meet him and/or work with him, will always hold him in their heart and wish him the best. Because he's not just an attorney that defends your rights, but he fights for what is right and fair, he's a friend that protects you. With his loyal staff, they are the Attorney at Law to represent you in family Court.read more
NancyAna L.
I can honestly say that working with Tim Durkin has been a wonderful experience through a very trying time. I had a very messy situation and hated disclosing such personal information to a stranger. Tim was always professional. He was very patient and took the time to ensure I understood what was happening. I would recommend Tim Durkin to anyone looking for a family attorney.read more
Melissa C.


Many times, people seek the court’s help when their ex-spouse interferes with parental rights, or fails to timely pay child support. Parents are bound by custody arrangements and parenting plans even if they came up with the arrangement themselves and submitted it to the court for approval. Parents who interfere with their ex-spouse’s custody and parenting time rights can be punished with fines and possibly even jail time. Furthermore, custody is separate from child support, and one can never be conditional upon the other, so parents must honor custody and visitation arrangements regardless of whether the other parent makes timely child support payments.

Ex-spouses may also need the court’s help to enforce the property terms of a divorce decree. Many times divorce decrees include property orders that require one of the ex-spouses to deliver property to the other spouse, or make payments on loans incurred in both spouse’s names. Where an ex-spouse fails to obey these types of orders, it could be harmful to the innocent ex-spouse’s credit. Seeking enforcement from the court may be the best protection for ex-spouses in these types of situations.

Schedule Your Consultation

Fill out the form below to get your consultation and discuss your best legal options.

Call Now to Get Started