Arizona Copyright Attorney
Copyright is a form of protection provided to the authors of “original works of authorship”. Protected works can consist of text, software, artwork, movies, graphics, photographs, movies, books, jewelry, nonfunctional designs of useful articles, music and more. This protection is available to both published and unpublished works. The owner of a copyright has the exclusive rights to copy, distribute, modify, publicly perform and publicly display the work. Certain exceptions, exemptions and defenses exist.
Generally the author of the work is the owner of the copyrights in the work. However, unique rules apply to employer/employee situations and independent contractor situations. Ownership can also be modified by written agreement or other disposition. Arizona copyright attorney, Steve Laureanti can help you to attain a copyright and gain the exclusive rights you deserve.
How Can JacksonWhite Help You?
Our highly trained, superior copyright attorneys:
- Advise clients on the registration, licensing, sale and protection of their creations and the recognition that their original works of authorship are valuable assets.
- Provide a full range of copyright services.
- Traditional areas of art works, architecture and writings.
- Contemporary areas of computer software and other digital content, databases, web sites, photographs, advertisements, designs, e-books, e-manuals, mask works and other copyrightable subject matter.
- Counseling on the advantages of copyright registration, preparation of specimens, preparation and filing of applications for copyright registration and recording of documents in the Copyright Office, such as security interests and assignments.
- Provide advice regarding the fair use of copyrighted material and clear use.
- Negotiate and prepare a wide variety of agreements related to copyrighted works, such as development, distribution or license agreements.
- Represent clients in transactions involving the grant of security interests in, licenses, leases or the purchase or sale of copyrighted works.
- Represent businesses in connection with establishing policies or preparing agreements regarding the confidentiality, reproduction, use and distribution of company copyrighted works, as well as determining and enforcing clients’ rights in creations by their employees, consultants or contractors.
- Represent clients in federal court, as well as in proceedings before administrative agencies such as the Copyright Office or U.S. Customs agencies.
- Our team of litigators will enforce trademark rights and defend against infringement claims.
- Defend clients in assertions of copyright infringement by business and trade associations designed to advance the interests of software developers (e.g., Business Software Alliance), the recording industries (e.g., Recording Industry Association of America), movie studios (e.g., Motion Picture Association of America).
We are here and ready to help you protect the value of your work!
Contact copyright lawyer Steven J. Laureanti at (866) 233-1924 to see how JacksonWhite Law can help you today.
Contact us for more information
Fill out the form and a member of our team will contact you within 24 hours.