Out of state order of protection

In Arizona orders of protection are fairly easy to obtain. Courts seem to err on the side of protecting the person who feels harassed. In order to obtain a valid order of protection against a person who resides in another state, go to your local court and fill out the paperwork for the injunction. 

You will then need to have the injunction served on the person who resides out of state. He or she could then challenge the injunction and request a hearing. If the injunction is upheld, and the person violates the order, he or she could be brought into court to answer on misdemeanor charges of violating the order of protection.

Have additional questions regarding an order of protection? Contact criminal defense attorney, AZ Jeremy Geigle for a free consultation regarding your question. Jeremy can be called directly at (480) 818-9943.

No Comments

Leave your comment using the form below:

Do you need
our help?

Call us now for a free consultation,
or have us call you by filling out the

form to the right. Our experienced criminal defense attorneys will call to help you with your case.


We will only use this contact information for a one-time consulation unless you request otherwise. Read our privacy policy.

Enter your phone number and we'll call you right away!

You are visiting a jacksonwhitelaw.com practice area. return to the main site.