One of the many benefits of having an experienced DUI defense attorney on your side is the possibility of a DUI case resulting in a plea agreement. An attorney should always attempt to negotiate with the prosecution for alternatives to jail time. Alternatives in certain circumstances in certain jurisdictions may include:
- Work release (May leave jail to go to work but must return to the jail at night).
- Work furlough (Allows you to keep your job and go to work during the day but with much stricter restrictions than work release).
- Home arrest (Involves wearing an ankle bracelet that will alert authorities if perimeter is breached).
- City jail (Much less crowded, cleaner and safer than serving a jail sentence in a county jail).
- Drug or alcohol treatment program
For more information on alternative sentencing in Arizona, contact Jeremy Geigle, Arizona criminal defense attorney, for your free criminal or DUI defense consultation.