Phoenix Relocation Case Attorney
Custody battles frequently arise when one parent wishes to move, particularly when the new residence is out of state. Parents have a right to nurture their relationship with their child, which is difficult to do when they are separated from their child by distance. In light of this, courts are generally reluctant to approve out of state relocation unless it is genuinely in the child’s best interest. Courts consider several statutory factors when determining whether a proposed move is in the child’s best interest, including:
- The wishes of the child and parents as to where the child will reside.
- How well the child is adjusted to his or her present environment.
- The relationship between the child and the parents.
- Which of the parents has primarily cared for the child.
- Whether the parents are acting in good faith.
- Whether the move will improve the child’s quality of life and wellbeing.
- The parent’s motives for moving.
- Other relevant factors.
Whether you are moving or the other parent is moving, you may need to involve the court to protect your parental rights. An Arizona family law attorney is best equipped to deal with relocation issues. To speak with a qualified family law attorney about your relocation case in the Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Tempe or Queen Creek area, call JacksonWhite at (480) 779-7972. Our West Valley office also serves those in the Peoria, Glendale, Sun City, Litchfield Park, Tolleson and surrounding areas.